One month ago, I was setting to myself a new drawing schedule (see here). After one month, now it’s time 1 -to feedback 2- to do changes in the planning for next month.
What was planned:
– 5 painting sessions
– 5 long drawing sessions
– 4 blog reading/writing evenings
– 4 studies of a special aspect
What was done:
All of them was done with acrylics. I’ve learn that a uniform background is sometimes a good thing… making it less uniform (it happen by accident) is even better to add some mystery, or to make it less obvious. It was not easy to paint small things. The fourth painting is not so good (despite the model i used is a masterpiece), but the global shape is interesting(like a big spade in the middle). This gives some structure to the painting and first catch the eye. I’m happy about this idea and I will explore it in the future.
5 long drawing sessions
This is what I like more. I like because, because of the « flow » mental state it involves. Then I can do long detailed things. It sometimes takes a long time to perform a uniform color shape.Sometimes it was not easy to know exactly what to draw. The last two of them were done mainly for my kid.
4 Blog reading/writing
I am happy of the first article. To write about the process is good to take time to think about it and probably to progress.
4 studies of a special aspect
It was very interesting about the skull studies and the body parts. I think this slightly influence the lines of my other drawings. That was not easy to find a subject each time and to be spontaneous.
– I did much more drawing than if I didn’t schedule those evenings.
– I’m happy about them.
– The fact to draw regularly make it continuous (I don’t start from zero again between two drawing sessions)
– Only 80% of the schedule was done.
– Sometimes I had to cancel a session, but then I was late and I had some backlog. This was not a good sensation.
– That was not easy to find an idea each time.
Improvements for next month:
=> when a session is cancelled, then I will not do it at all (to avoid backlog).
=> the blog session will also be dedicated to inspiration (i.e. to find some ideas for sessions of the week).
=> planning changed a bit :
– sunday: blog (and preparing week sessions)
– monday: study (more spontaneous).
– tuesday: painting
-wednesday: rest (maybe a movie he he he).
-thursday: long drawing.
– friday and saturday: nothing (i.e. weekend).
Of course I will also draw in addition of the scheduled sessions 🙂
Next feedback in one month 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading this.